Sunday, April 19, 2009

How Dare You, HWA!

This Easter Sunday I had quite an experience at the church service which I wish to share with you. To me it exposed the utter horror of Armstrongism, how utterly wrong it is, and the true nature of the alleged Apostle and Elijah Herbert W. Armstrong.

Way back when I first read Mystery of the Ages back in 2001 I read there, in Chapter 7, under the heading 'Christ to Rule All Nations' the following. (Pay particular attention to the Bolded paragraph):

Have you not read what the angel proclaimed to Mary, the mother of Jesus, prior to his birth? Jesus told Pilate he was born to become a KING. The angel of God said to Mary:

"...thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the THRONE of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be NO END" (Luke 1:31-33).

Why do the churches of this world never mention any of these scriptures? Millions have attended churches all their lives and never heard any of these scriptures about Christ becoming a king or about the coming kingdom of God.

These scriptures tell you PLAINLY that GOD is supreme RULER. They tell you in plainest language that Jesus was born to be a KING...
So HWA has quite plainly told me that the "world's" Christians do not know that Jesus Christ is a King.

Now on Easter Sunday I went to a Sunday-keeping church. This church has absolutely no relation to Armstrongism or Adventism.

And there I was stunned when the minister talked about Jesus Christ being a King. He talked about Jesus Christ returning in glory as King of Kings and Lords of Lords in the Second Coming. I instantly recalled that very passage.

I was overcome by emotion at the sheer audacity of this lie. I very nearly cried at the thought of how brazenly, how shamelessly HWA lied to us!!! But I didn't want to make a scene so I was somehow able to restrain myself. When I got home I did cry, for about a minute or two.

[Update: For more on this see, The Video that Brought me to Tears.]

I was amazed that these people did understand that Jesus is a King. HWA told us otherwise.

The lie written here has been covered here, under the heading: 'Lies against Biblical Christianity Concerning Luke 1:31-33'. It is nothing but the boldest lie you can imagine.

HWA the Liar said: 'Millions have attended churches all their lives and never heard any of these scriptures about Christ becoming a king'. I just went to a "worldly" church and they said the same thing! This is just a lie. An astoundingly bold lie!

What a liar is this Herbert W. Armstrong!

How evil it is he tried to place himself between the believer and God. Such a man who claims such privilege is just a liar, I am afraid to say.

A common liar was Herbert W. Armstrong.

In his broadcasts he would start off by saying, 'Greetings Friends!' That is just another lie. WNo true friend would try to be a hindrance in the believer's relations with God. No true friend would hand such a complete lie to people who are looking for truth.

I am absolutely astounded that a man like HWA could lie like that. Only a man absolutely twisted by the Devil could lie in such a blasphemous and horrid fashion!

While walking back from church I asked myself, 'Is he really a man?' I see little evidence of that. I see very little human in this so-called man. He is a lying demon in human form.

I am reminded of this tragic post, "I Wish I Could Have Met Jesus", about a JW wishing to meet Jesus but 'knowing' she never will.
I remember a JW telling me her biggest dream in the New Order is to talk to the 'impaled' wrongdoer whom Jesus had promised would be in the Paradise. The biggest reason for this desire is to "ask the forgiven criminal what Jesus looked like and what He sounded like."
What a tragedy! Jesus can be discovered now! We do not need some incestuous, self-proclaimed Apostle and Elijah to get to Jesus! Or some totalitarian Politburo in Brooklyn claiming to be God's sole channel of communication! OR ANY MAN!!

May the Lord free them! Like these precious souls.

(Update: J discusses this blog and further expands on this topic here.)

2 comments:

  1. Let it out, RedFox. Thank God you're out of there! Thank God you have not blamed Christ. Thank God now you can move forward! (and are moving forward) I am overjoyed at your stepping into the New Covenant!! You bring me hope.

    I pray for your continued healing in Jesus our King, and those people you linked to as well. If there is any way I can be of any help to you, please email me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey RedFox.

    I had the exact same experience. I started going to a Baptiste church last year (and was actually baptized on Easter Sunday) and I have found a lot of what I thought I new of "wordly" churches was incorrect. Like the example above.

    Another was HWA's belief on the how other churches view the God family and the Holy Trinity. I can't quote where I read it, but one thing I remember was the stance that the trinity is used as a way to seperate us from God by saying it is a closed off family that we can never enter or be a part of. Which I have found (in my experience with the church I attend) to be the absolute opposite.

    ReplyDelete