Saturday, April 17, 2010

PCG Music and the Importance of Music for a Culture

I didn't realize PCG had a music section. I wonder how long that's been up.

Philadelphia Singers song archive.

I'm not sure why there's a red flag in the 2002 album. Unfortunately it reminds me of the Cultural Revolution. I'm sure that's just an accident.

Music unites people together in a common bond.

I learned that lesson awhile ago when I ended up reading about racists as documented by the Anti-Defamation League. I read about hate music.

I read about how important it is to their culture. ""White power" music is the focal point for many racist skinheads seeking a common culture." (From above link.)

While reading about this I learned how important music is to our culture. Some hate groups even try to use their music to lure young people into their perverted way of viewing the world.

"As the inheritor of Resistance Records’ legacy of hatred, Pierce is seeking to position the National Alliance for the future. He believes hate music – with its racist, anti-Semitic and anti-government messages – can be used simply and effectively to attract troubled youths." (Source.)

Reading about this sad, twisted, slanderous culture made me very thankful that so much of our culture teaches messages which contradicts the doctrines of white supremacy.

This also made me appreciate how important music is in any cultural milieu. Including that of the Armstrongite COGs. Music unites people.

No comments:

Post a Comment