Saturday, April 16, 2016

A 1965 Letter

Here's one letter praising the Radio Church of God's 1964 booklet, God Speaks Out on "The New Morality" by Charles Dorothy, Herman Hoeh, Ernest Martin, Roderick Meredith, Benjamin Rea, Herbert Armstrong and Ralph Merrill. This letter is from the September 1965 issue of Good News, p. 2.
“I have received my copy of GOD SPEAKS OUT on ‘The New Morality,’ and I can only say that in the space of a week our marriage has taken on greater meaning and happiness than my husband and I previously experienced in 9 years of marriage. Also, my silly guilt feelings about our relationships have gone. First you show us God’s way of rearing our precious children and now how to find complete married happiness, as well as a textbook on which we can completely rely in educating our children. I can never express my gratitude enough. You are indeed God’s true stewards and ministers. I also rejoice that I have found someone to whom I may pay God’s tithes with complete confidence that they will be put to His use.”

Woman, Glenbrook, 
New South Wales, Australia
One shudders to imagine how their family life was harmed by listening to the Radio Church of God's advice on these matters. They were still teaching that the Great Tribulation would begin in 1972 by this time.

God Speaks Out on "The New Morality", the original version of The Missing Dimension in Sex, may be viewed here. In later editions only HWA was credited as the author. One wonders how Hoeh and Meredith felt having their contribution whitewashed from later versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment